Isotx has just released a patch to the little known “Tower Defense First Person Shooter ” called IronGrip Warlord. A game I sampled and thoroughly enjoyed earlier this year, and would recommend to anyone who likes the notion of a hybrid shooter.
The patch addresses the following issues and expands upon some of the features of the original title:
- An in-game call a vote option. This has been something we’ve been asked for constantly, and we’re very happy to announce this. Basically if you want to change difficulty option mid-game, or if you want to kick someone who is abusing the server with a little too much friendly fire, this option will be your new best friend.
- A more improved turret targeting system, with no more misfires from the A/T turrets. This means more accurate shots from the machine gun nests. I’m sure you remember how the Confederates used to camp behind short walls and destroy your defenses – this won’t happen anymore, we promise!
- Smarter bots with bigger guns. Yes, you read right: the bots are now packing a lot more attitude. This should make the bots more helpful and make single player more dynamic.
- Are you an Iron Grip: Lords of Atelia beta tester? Do you want to get some extra gold coins? Fill in the email address you are using in IG:LoA in the Name section of IGW’s menu and check the gold servers. Depending on the difficulty level you play, a certain amount of gold coins will be delivered in your IGLoA account every time you win a match.
- Misplaced landmines will not be a problem anymore, a second use of the wrench tool was added to allow you to pick up any misplaced mines and reposition them on a better spot.
- For those that were experiencing lag issues, we’ve added a checkbox in the menu that allows you to skip the bombing screen and movie.
- First timer in Warlord? We’ve added some in game tips that shows up while in spectator’s mode and a pop up help box which can be enabled by pressing the F1 to F4 keys. We’ve also reworked the manual to offer some more tips; every copy of the game, downloaded from wherever, has a manual PDF in the installer so be sure to check it out!
- The HUD scrolling inventory logic has been improved as well; you’ll mis-scroll less and select the right options more. Those people who hated the map can also listen up and rejoice – the map “weapon” is dead. We hope you won’t mourn its death too much.
- The Message Of The Day (MOTD) window has been improved allowing us to establish a better communication with the players. News, announcements and contests will be posted to keep the community up to date.
- Plus, many fixes on reported bugs and features that will allow us to have a better online experience! Read the official changelog when you download the game for details on these fixes.
When I played the game a while back, the online community was still small, so hopefully the new features and fixes, plus distribution via GamersGate should help with the games profile. However, the game functions perfectly well with a range of AI bot’s at your side, so if the online game is quiet, you can still enjoy the frantic delicacies of IGW against the PC.